Early rigs

Early rigs from way back when....


Old ipod 4th gen nano with really bad mp3s, Sennheiser MX760. I tried all the earbuds in store numerous times. Parting with $70 or so at the time seemed a lot for earphones. But they sounded great, especially with the boost the FiiO E5 amp gave them, sometimes usung the fabled middle setting. Using an Audiotrak lod- very clear cable. It sounded like heaven.

Gotta start somewhere. These days its easy to look on all the Dap and some rig photos and despair. But it wasnt always like that.

I think when I started around ten years back the CLAS was new, Cowon J3 and pirtable anplifiers were popular and we had seen a whiff of an AK dap yet.



First 'OMG! I just spent so much money, am I crazy!?' rig.
 ATH-ESW9, Fostex hp-p1 dac/amp, Qusp custom piccolino USB LOD, old iphone 4 as pure transport only using Flacplayer app.  
I did so much reading of different reviews, messenging and umm-ing and ahhing before I bought the Fostex hp-p1. Leather cover was frankensteined from a camera cover or something. I cut holes in it for cable ports, switch access.

Small beginnings. 

These days there are so many options out there and technology is great, prices have gone up across the board but there are still decent players and earphones/IEMs that can be bought that are low priced and sound great.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post